Vranci – UPDATED VERSION
Municipality of Kreševo
Explore the unique charm of Vranci, a village with a rich history and intriguing traditions. Just thirty years ago, the locals took great pride in maintaining the pristine waters of their river, a testament to their strong sense of cleanliness and community spirit. Not far from the famous Roman Bridge, you'll find an intriguing structure known as "ta'te," which served as a belfry in the absence of church bells during the Ottoman Empire's rule. Discover the fascinating Kreševo tradition of "shoeing eggs" and the romantic story behind its origin. There are various legends about the origins of this custom. According to one story, a poor young guy fell in love with a girl from a wealthy family, and the condition for proposing to her was that he shoe an egg, which seemed impossible. The young man fell in love and learnt to shoe an egg, and according to mythology, no young man could marry until he learned to shoe an egg. For motocross enthusiasts, the nearby Gajice area boasts the region's best motocross trail, hosting thrilling events that contribute to both Bosnian and European Motocross Championships. Vranci, a village that seamlessly blends history, tradition, and adrenaline-pumping adventures.
Traditional Crafts And Handcrafts
Main Tourism Products
There are three accommodation facilities within a 15-minute drive:
Address: Vrela bb, 71260 Kreševo
Phone: +387 30 806 670
Description: Specialties under the lid (sač) and fish specialties prepared from trout grown in their own fish farm.
Activities in Nature
- Four tombstone Necropolises are located near the village of Vranci and are a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Museum of the Franciscan monastery Kreševo
- The museum contains a very rich ethnographic, archaeological, mineral and numismatic collection
- Marko Čalaga, museum curator (contact: +387 63 862 361)
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://muzej-kresevo.ba/
- “Native Museum”, Venco Lukić, a small, private museum of old objects
- Kojsina, Kreševo
- Phone: +387 30 806 246
- The river was washed till around thirty years ago. The fully clean river had been cleansed in such a way that everyone in front of their house had to clean the moss from the river’s stones. This says volumes about the locals’ and the village’s mentality and cleanliness.
- Located approximately twenty meters away from the Roman Bridge in Vranci, there exists a structure known as ta’te, also referred to as Turkish planks, or alternatively, a belfry. The aforementioned refers to a structural configuration consisting of a pair of beams, a roof, and two metallic plates, which serve the purpose of facilitating the ringing of a bell, albeit the absence of the latter. Specifically, the Ottoman Empire prohibited the use of bells in this region until their departure. In 1872, a belfry was constructed adjacent to the Kreševo monastery church. As a result, the residents constructed ta’ta, which function as a substitute for the church bell when they are sounded in rotation.
- The Kreševo tradition of shoeing eggs. – There are various legends about the origins of this custom. According to one story, a poor young guy fell in love with a girl from a wealthy family, and the condition for proposing to her was that he shoe an egg, which seemed impossible. The young man fell in love and learnt to shoe an egg, and according to mythology, no young man could marry until he learned to shoe an egg.
- Not far from the village of Vranci lies the best motocross trail in the region, located near Gajice. There are numerous motocross events staged here that are scored towards the BiH championships as well as the European Motocross Championships.