Municipality of Travnik
An ideal destination for hiking, cycling and relaxation in nature
Traditional Crafts And Handcrafts
Main Tourism Products
Total number of available accommodations in the village: 7
Total number of beds available for guests in the village: 200
In the village of Guča Gora
- Two coffee bars – 50 seats (Caffe “GUČA GORA”; Address: Guča Gora bb, Travnik; Phone: +387 30 560 029)
- Two beverage tasting rooms inside the farmsteads – 10/15 seats
- Mountain lodge “Košare” – 30 seats
15 minutes away –
- At a distance of 15 minutes from the village of Guča Gora, there are several settlements with numerous restaurants, cafes, and hunting lodges. (Settlements: Nova Bila, Dolac, Putićevo, and the town of Travnik with numerous catering facilities).
Some of these catering facilities are listed below:
- My Place Café Travnik (Address: Bosanska 33, Travnik 72270, Phone: +387 62 557 333)
- Cafe “Oaza” (Address: 6MG8+62M, Lukačka, Travnik, Phone: +387 60 31 83 337)
- Tavern “Plava Voda” (Address: Šumeće 6, Travnik 72270, Phone: +387 61 798 040)
- Ćevabdžinica Hari (Address: Donja čaršija bb, Travnik 72270; Phone: +387 30 511 727)
- Caffe Bar “Gaj-INN” Travnik (Address: Gaj 18, Travnik 72270; Phone: +387 62 130 356)
- Caffe Nova Bila (Address: 5PQP+WWF, Nova Bila)
- Restaurant M-Libertas Nova Bila (Address: M5, Nova Bila 72276; Phone: +387 30 707 349)
- Restaurant Actros (Address: E661, Nova Bila 72276; Phone: +387 66 029 818)
Guča Gora Franciscan Monastery Museum (permanent display of exhibits related to the long history of the monastery: pinakothek, cultural-historical collection and ethnographic collection)
Main tourism products (activities)
- Vlašić Mountain with its natural values
- The town of Travnik with 15 national cultural monuments and numerous tourist attractions (Historical building Church of St. Michael in Ovčarev 19th century; Mehmed Paša Kukavica Mosque, Historical building Fufić’s Endowment (Music School))
- Travnik Native Museum,
- Birthplace of Ivo Andrić
- Plava voda Travnik
The earliest known reference to Guča Gora dates back to the year 1425, as documented in the charter of the Croatian-Hungarian monarch, Sigismund (1368-1437).
The charter bestowed certain properties in the Požega region of Slavonia upon Vuk Družić, a nobleman of Guča Gora, in recognition of his unwavering loyalty to the king and his long-standing representation and defense of royal interests. The charter was discovered towards the conclusion of the 19th century by Radoslav Lopašić, a Croatian lawyer and archivist. Following his passing, the Yugoslav Academy of Sciences and Arts in Zagreb assumed responsibility for the assortment of manuscripts and transcripts. In 1909, Lajos Thalloczy, a Hungarian historian, was the first to publicly publish the contents of the Latin-written charter, thereby making it accessible to the wider audience.
Lopašić’s legacy comprises a charter certificate and a set of documents dating back to 1425/1426, wherein Vuk Druzić from Guča Gora is referenced multiple times. These documents substantiate his migration with his family and subsequent acquisition of the property under the management of the Požega Chapter. The chapter duly notified the royal court of the takeover, which was eventually validated by the court. Of particular interest in these documents is the consistent spelling of the name Guče Gora, which has remained virtually unchanged to this day, consistently utilizing the initial letter “G”. For further information regarding the village of Guča Gora, please refer to the following link: http://www.gucagora.ba.